lunes, 9 de enero de 2012

rietveld

I've been having my eyes on this book for some time now.
Actually my first post in this blog was about the zigzag chair from Rietveld, I wanted to do one for me and the plans come in this book.


Rietveld was one of the leading figure in th De Stijl movement.
Their goal was to simplify and abstract architecture and painting, by using only vertical, horizontal lines and planes in different depths.
They used the primary colors red, blue and yellow, and the three primary values, black, white and grey.

There are differente version of this chair.
But this one with color is quite interesting, as you can see the parts of the chair are grouped and have a color, in order to read it as different planes.

I'll explain more tomorrow!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario